Saturday, March 17, 2012

Carrot Beet Muffin

When my son comes home after school hungry, he is no mood to eat rice or bread. So I thought of making muffins with carrot and beetroot. I reduced the sugar. This muffin was a hit with my son. He had 3 of them.

Carrot Beetroot Muffins
Ingredients:

Flour(Mix of All purpose, Whole Wheat, Oat Bran, Wheat germ) - 1 cup
Carrot and Beetroot grated - 1 cup
Orange zest - 1tsp
Salt - 1/4tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp to 1/4 cup
(I used 2tsp as I don't want the after school snack loaded with sugar)

Butter - 2 to 3 Tbsp
Egg - 1
Milk - 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract - 1/4tsp

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400F.  In a bowl, beat egg and add vanilla, milk, butter and sugar and mix well.
Add Flour and carrot beet and orange zest and mix.
Scoop the batter and add to muffin cups.

Bake for 20-25 mins.

Enjoy the flavorful moist healthy Muffins.

4 comments:

  1. It will be helpful if you post it tamil also. I also like to give it to my son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I will post it in tamil. I hope your son enjoys it and find it tasty.

      Delete
  2. It will be useful if you post it in Tamil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very healthy... How many grams are in 1 of these cups

    ReplyDelete